Branding and quality control are the key to setting your product apart from the rest. Our rotary marking units physically mark formed profiles with desired product or date codes to achieve just that goal. Furthermore, these units are low-profile and easy to install in your roll forming, or tube mill line. Here are some highlights from our standard design:
- Robust mechanical frame and bearing design
- High quality heat treated and ground tooling
- Easy to maintain alpha-numeric characters
- Easy to maintain logo-etched characters
Other marking systems, such as ink jet or laser etching, struggle to perform consistently because of coolant or oil in the line. Our rotary stamping units can overcome all of these obstacles, therefore consistently delivering desired marks. Depending on your requirements and budget, our stamping units can be supplied with a broad range of options. Some of our rotary stamper options include:
- Driven roll or idler roll styles, to help feed downstream processes if needed
- Marking frequency control
- Automatic or manually adjustable positioning of the tooling rolls
- Automatic or manually adjustable passline height to position tooling at desired position
- Spare setup blocks and full complement of character tooling for spares
Here is a simple reference date-code view of what rotary stamping can achieve:
The ability to impart stamped marks on formed profiles allow for instant product recognition at any point in the future. Regardless of the environment that the formed product is used in, our marks will stand the test of time. The low profile design also allows for simple retrofit and installation in an existing line. Call Element Machinery today and we can help you set your formed product apart from the rest.
For more information about edge solutions, please visit our edging products page. Let’s build something!