Section 179 Small Business Expensing
Making the decision to purchase machinery and control upgrades to improve your manufacturing process can be tough to justify. Fortunately, the process just became easier due to the permanent passing of Section 179 deductions, highlighted in the article below:
NFIB – Small Business Expensing Made Permanent!
The deduction allows for a permanent small business expensing limit of up to $500,000 per year. Material goods that generally qualify for the Section 179 deduction include the following:
- Equipment (machines, etc.) purchased for business use – basically any machine purchased from Element
- Tangible personal property used in business
- Business vehicles with a gross vehicle weight in excess of 6,000 lbs (see deduction details)
- Computer “Off-the-Shelf” Software
- Office Furniture
- Office Equipment
- Property attached to your building that is not a structural component of the building
- Partial business use (equipment purchased for business use and personal use – see deduction details)
- Certain improvements to existing non-residential buildings (see deduction details)
The above listing, and similarly much more information about the Section 179 deduction, can be found at Section179.org.
Feel free to review our products page and also our services page for a complete listing of things we can help your business with. Element Machinery is an American owned and operated company and has met the equipment needs of our country, and the world, for over 60 years.
Call us today and let’s build something!